Full Service Commissary Kitchen
Getting Your Application in Place

Most food makers that we work with fall under two categories. Wholesale, or direct retail. Wholesale means you make your products, package them, and then ship them to distributors. If you ship your products in large quantities outside of California, and/or ship to distributors, you need to get permitted through California Food and Drug Branch.

If you make your products and sell to customers directly, for example, selling crepes at Farmers Market, or Boba tea from your food truck, your business needs to get inspected by Alameda County Department of Environmental Health. We'll direct you to the right place with the appropriate application.

Customize Your Kitchen needs

Our facility caters to companies of all kinds. From incubator phase food startups, to multi-million foodie inspired companies. From taco trucks to tamales; from event caterers to odorless hemp-based food makers.


Because each food maker is different, one size does not fit all. we customize kitchen space and rental based on your needs. Ready to scale? Ready to get your facility GMP approved? 

Talk to us about your growing pains. 


Businesses come to us because they want to focus on building their companies. Focus on food production, and focus of growing. Our kitchen handles all your mundane day-to-day such as having to pay for garbage disposal, water and sewer, gas and electricity, pest control and grease trap. We maintain the facility so you don't have to. 

© 2019 Kitchen By The Hour

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Twitter Icon
  • Black YouTube Icon

CALL US: 408-673-8227